Saturday, May 1, 2010

An Australian BBQ

Day: 19
Dates Remaining: 27

There are many good ways to kick off a week end but a BBQ is by far one of my favourites. How can you go wrong with a pile of meat, tasty wine and good company? This is especially true when the good company is a date with a Beautiful Australian complete with the wonderful accent!

I have to say, this was definitely not your typical first date. Before this, I had only spent 7 minutes with Beautiful Australian at a speed dating event. We then exchanged a few e-mails where he suggested that I come to the BBQ.

I showed up and immediately met Beautiful Australian's work partner, his work partner's wife and parents as well as another couple of friends. It is not everyday that you meet someone's close friends on a first date but it was great. I had a good time chatting with everyone while Beautiful Australian was out cooking up a storm.

The dinner was great and I showed off my brilliant co-ordination and balance abilities by walking into the dinner table and knocking over everyone's drinks. The wine, the beer and the water toppled over and landed on the table, the floor and someone's lap. It was priceless; my true moment of glory. Luckily, we all had a good sense of humour and laughed it off.

Shortly after dinner all of the guests left, leaving Beautiful Australian and I with some time to chat and get to know each other. We had great conversation and it turns out we have a lot in common. Overall, it was a great date and a perfect way to start the week end which is only getting better as I was able to get out for a brilliant bike ride this morning. I then have a few friends that I'm stoked to see this afternoon before I get all dressed up for a wedding this evening.

Now, this isn't just any wedding but a blind date wedding. Yes, I don't know the person I'm going with and to top it off, it's his sister's wedding. This is sure to be exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment