Thursday, May 27, 2010

He's a Pro Golfer in a Blue Plaid Shirt

Day: 46
Dates Remaining: 2

How would you feel if your Mom or Step Mom wrote to a dating blogger to send you on a date? Would you think it's funny? Would you be mad? Would you feel embarrassed and not want to go?

Well, if you haven't guessed, I received an e-mail a while back from my date's Step Mom saying that the two of us would be a good match. She wanted to see if I would go on a date with her Step Son. "Of course I will," I replied, as I thought this was the sweetest thing ever.

And I sure am glad that tonight's date also thought it was a fine idea since he picked me up and impressed me right away. You see, he didn't just wait in the car in the street the way most people do. Despite the fact that it was absolutely pouring rain, he stood outside and waited for me by the door. Good thing for heavy duty rain coats!

He then walked me to his car and opened the door to let me in before driving us to a Golf dome. This guy just has to be known as Pro Golfer because that's what he must have been in a previous life. He told me that he had only golfed once but that was hard to believe since he was a better golfer than all of the pro-looking people in that dome. My inability to even hit the ball really put me to shame. I'll definitely have to work on my swing!

It was obvious that Pro Golfer was a bit nervous at first since he asked non-stop questions and avoided any silences like the plague. But as we continued to chat over a putting contest, I could tell that Pro Golfer was getting more comfortable with me.

This good looking man decked out in a blue plaid shirt then took me to one of my favourite restaurants where, I kid you not, we ate enough food to feed four normal people. It was fabulous. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to move again and someone may need to rescue me with a crane but the fantastic meal was well worth this pain of being full.

The evening was extremely enjoyable. Pro Golfer taught me a thing or two about golf and life and I have to say it was rather cute when he told me about how his Step Mom helped him to iron his shirt before the date. It was also funny that he was up in arms before the date since he had spilled something on that shirt and had to sort out how to clean it. For whatever reason, I found this sweet. Maybe it was because he was so big and manly that it was hard to imagine him fussing around about a shirt before leaving the house. There is something exciting and romantic about a date scrambling to get ready, looking in the mirror and feeling nervous and excited about the outing.

This great evening leaves me here with only two dates left. I have been asked endlessly; “Are you sad or relieved that it’s over?” I have to say that it’s a mix of both of those emotions. I will expand more on these feelings later but in the meantime, don’t forget to post your vote for the final date coming up this Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I changed my vote for final date to Golfer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is for Goose Hunt!! He was sooo adorable and fun! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i change my vote for golfer too!

    ReplyDelete