Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Gmail Redeems Himself and Stylish Speaks

Day: 24
Dates Remaining: 21

Way back on day one of 50 Dates in 50 Days, I was stood up. The first date of this experience was a total flop. In fact, I didn’t even count that as a date despite the fact that all of my friends said that I should. I was too shocked that someone could have the nerve to not only stand me up but to do so via text message.

Nonetheless, this particular individual who we will call Gmail, proceeded to Gmail chat with me on a regular basis. (This is instant messaging within the Gmail inbox). Though annoying at first, I got used to our regular chats until I began looking forward to them every time I opened my e-mail.

Over the past few weeks, we have filled endless e-mail checking sessions with great conversations about anything and everything. It’s almost as though we knew each other despite the fact that we had never met. That was, until this morning, when we met for the first time over a brilliant early morning coffee. This was by far one of the most interesting first blind dates since we already knew so much about one another.

In fact, it was great because we could avoid all of the useless boring questions such as, “What do you do for work? What sports do you like? What kind of music do you like?” Etc, etc. Gmail and I had already discussed all of that. So, we enjoyed our time together talking about more interesting topics and finally, getting to know each other in person.

And my day only got better when I signed onto my e-mail and had a message waiting for me from Stylish. As I mentioned yesterday, I said that I would have one of my dates write about their experience dating me for 50 Dates in 50 Days. Stylish, being so open-minded and easy-going, happily agreed. To be honest, I really had no idea what he would say about our two dates but I was flattered when he sent me this message today:

My second date with Sky was again, anything but ordinary. Yesterday, I picked her and I had the feeling that she was comfortable with me. Before I knew it, we were laughing, flirting and joking around endlessly. Over dinner, we continuously made fun of each other and the laughter never stopped.

At one point, the topic of dates gone awry came up and she told me the story of some guys who had stuck her with the bill at the restaurant. Unfortunately, I had done that once before when I was 19 because I had forgotten my wallet at home. But since then, I triple-check my pocket before going out to make sure that I have that wallet with me!

Following dinner, we went for tea and dessert. I could tell that Sky is happy deep inside. She has a brilliant mind and is a brave girl who has learned that impossible is rare. I have definitely enjoyed my time with her on my last two dates (oh, I may have expired by now since 2 is the limit!) mainly because Sky allowed me to ‘live’ with her in the ‘present’ time when we were together.

To me, what matters most is what people feel in the moment. Perhaps that’s why whatever we talked about was funny and pleasant in one way or another. Having laughed so hard last night, I had so much difficulty falling asleep. I rolled around in my bed for an hour until I was finally gone! And was it worth it? Absolutely!

1 comment:

  1. Aw he is adorable! Thats fantastic!

    I love reading your posts everyday!! Thanks for doing this for everyone!! :D

    ReplyDelete