Saturday, May 22, 2010

Early Onset of Withdrawal

Day: 42
Dates Remaining: 7

I got such a nice e-mail yesterday from one of my blog followers that said that he was feeling the first signs of withdrawal setting in. No, not alcohol or drug withdrawal but withdrawal from the daily write-ups about the dating adventures of 50 Dates in 50 Days. I was flattered by the compliment but then that got me thinking.

Am I going to suffer from dating withdrawal? Will I get the shakes when no one wants to take me out on dates anymore? Will my phone just shut off because it may stop receiving a million text messages and phone calls every day? Will I get the sweats, cry for hours and curl up into a ball in the corner when this is all over?

Maybe I am being a little bit dramatic.

However, I do think that there will be a period of adjustment. I have changed my life around for this time period and though it was shocking at first, I am now used to regular outings and complete chaos.

I have not eaten a meal that I have cooked in 40 days. I eat dessert everyday. I meet new people all the time. I deal with a million emotions on a daily basis. What will happen when I have to buy groceries again? Or when I can't get my hands on tasty chocolate cake all the time? Can there be such a thing as dating withdrawal? I'm not too sure so I guess I'll have to wait 9 days to find out.

Another question that goes along with this is, what happens next? Well folks, I have no idea. If I was a psychic I'd have billions of dollars and a villa on the beach. But, that is obviously not the case.

I plan to keep writing about dating stories on here so don't worry, withdrawal symptoms may occur but the blog will not die. I guess it's everyone's dream to find a match and go on more than two dates with that person, so maybe that will happen to me? I guess I'll just have to see. Until then, the dating adventures will continue but I will not have a new date everyday or two in a day such as yesterday where I met Country Boy for lunch and then Coincidence for dessert in the evening.

Country Boy is sweet; he has a good heart, he's cute, he's attentive and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. We had a great lunch, a nice chat and it was good to see him again.

I had parked at his house so we returned there and I went inside to use the bathroom. Can you dock points for the utter chaos and filth in someone's house? Is it fair to say that it's a huge turn off? Fair or unfair, it nearly drove me away yesterday. There is no need to get into details, but I have to say that I'd rather pee in the bush than ever use that bathroom again. Think outhouse, then worse. I'll leave it at that.

Thinking about the bathroom is making my stomach turn so let's switch gears to the sweet dessert I had with Coincidence. It was nice to see him again and joke about the irony in the fact that we had a date nearly two years ago and there we were on a second date in a week during 50 in 50. It's funny how people can re-connect.

I had a nice time with Coincidence but it was tough. He didn't seem to want to be there. His mind was elsewhere and he was kind of grouchy. I think men get PMS as well and I never know how to deal with it. That must be how guys feel about women?

Either way, we went back to his place to relax and watch a movie since the thought of going out or doing anything else was making Coincidence grouchy. Good thing his bathroom did not resemble a pig pen and I was able to enjoy a good romantic comedy with my date. In fact, this is the first movie that I have watched in the past 40 days. It was nice to relax and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't fall asleep on the couch. Classy, eh? (can you blame a girl who's had no sleep in 40 days)?

Well, sleep deprived or not, I'm heading out to meet Easy for brunch and then hit some mountain bike trails. Enjoy the long week end!

No comments:

Post a Comment