Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Mystery Continues

Day: 45
Dates Remaining: 3

I can't believe it; it's down to the final three dates. It's unreal how fast time flies!

Speaking of time flying, this evening flew by since Mystery (See "What a Mystery" post) took me on a little adventure for our second date.

He did not tell me too much about the plan except that I should wear comfortable pants and shoes. He also told me that he would have to pick me up as soon as possible because this was going to be a long date. But that was it, I didn't have any more details about where we were going or what we would be doing.

Nonetheless, we got into his truck this afternoon and began driving west. I had a sneaking suspicion that we were going to go out to the mountains to do some sort of hike but I had no idea exactly where we would end up.

As we drove past a few hiking spots, my curiosity was growing. Where was he taking me? We ended up at a nice area about two hours west of the city where I had been before but it was Mystery's first time doing this little hike.

We got out of the truck and Mystery pulled two backpacks out of the backseat. The contents of the bags, he said, were to remain a mystery. Of course!

I carried one and he took the other as we made out way up past two lovely waterfalls. We had a great time enjoying the views and the good company.

We then found a nice spot to stop where Mystery was ready to divulge the secret contents of the bags. It was a pleasure and a relief that he had brought a delicious picnic. You see, I was so hungry that if there had not been any food at this point, my ability to return to the truck would have been questionable!

Mystery proceeded to lay down a picnic blanket on which he scattered a collection of tasty sandwiches, salads and Mimosa's. It was a delicious meal complete with great conversation and the serene atmosphere of the Rocky Mountains.

We enjoyed our quick walk back to the truck and we made our way back towards the city but of course, not without stopping for dessert in Banff. What a treat! Overall, this was a great date. I have to say that the 50 Dates in 50 Days has really demonstrated guy's ability to put together an organized and romantic plan for a date. Ladies, don't give up hope!

Oh, and as I mentioned in the previous post, there is a vote for who I am going to take out on the final date on Monday. (See the right side of this page). That's right, I'm going to plan something and treat someone to a nice evening. Maybe they'll even write about the night and give me a nickname? Wouldn't that be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment