Sunday, May 30, 2010

'Twas The Night Before the Last Date...

...and all through my house,
Clothes are scattered everywhere,
Good thing there is no mouse.

The dishes are a mess,
I can't find my Visa Card,
Did you really ever think
That dating could be this hard?

Well maybe it's not hard,
That could be the wrong word,
But certainly very exciting,
And a little absurd.

But as crazy as it has been,
And yes, it has been wild,
This is one of the best things I've done,
Ever since I was a child.

Now hopefully you are laughing,
At my attempt to be poetic,
Because after 36km of mountain biking,
I'm certainly not very energetic.

So here we are:

Day: 49
Dates Remaining: 1

I can hardly believe it. First of all, it's hard to find words that rhyme. In fact, I might look into buying a rhyming dictionary. But until then, I'm going to stick to non-rhyming paragraphs and dates.

But, not too many more dates, at least not for the 50 Dates in 50 Days. That's right, tomorrow is the final date. The last one. The 50 of 50. Unreal.

The poll spoke and it looks like I'm going to be taking Easy on a date tomorrow. I'd love to tell you what I have planned but I'm going to leave the story telling of this date to Easy. I talked to him just now and he agreed to write the blog entry for tomorrow night. Apparently I'm even going to get a nick name!

But, onto the feelings. To be honest, I'm not sure what I'm feeling. I think it's a combination of confusion, happiness and satisfaction. I'm also feeling a bit lost, scared, proud, unsure and maybe a happy mess over all.

You see, I'd say that this is a huge accomplishment, wouldn't you? Not only did I go on a ton of dates, but there has also been an exceptional following for which I am extremely grateful. I have also met so many wonderful people that I would never have met had I not undertaken such a feat. Obviously, in so many ways, this has been life altering.

Am I happy it's over? Sad? Relieved? Again, I'm not sure. But what I can tell you is that I'm ecstatic that I did this and I have no regrets. Well, maybe I regret not being able to share more of the feelings and details of this experience with you but that is what is going to be in the book: 50 Dates in 50 Days - Uncut.

So now I'm off to bed,
Oh what a delight,
Happy dating to all,
And to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment