Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's a Small City After All

Day: 36
Dates Remaining: 12

Have you ever run into someone you know on the sidewalk? How about at the gym? Perhaps at the bar? Maybe even at a restaurant? Or, even all of the above?

I met a guy nearly two years ago for one date and since then, we have been running into each other everywhere on a shockingly regular basis. Though our date did not go that well, we have seen each other so many times since then that we can now laugh about the mild dating disaster. You may say that running into someone this much is quite the coincidence so we will call this man Coincidence.

So it was no surprise when I ran into him just this past Friday night. We caught up on the happenings of each other’s lives and began chatting about 50 Dates in 50 Days and decided that we should go on a date.

Do people change? Not really. But there was something different about Coincidence since our date two years ago. He seemed more mature, confident and happy with himself as we chatted today about dating, life paths and other such topics of conversation.

And, I always thought Coincidence was cute, but today there was something about him. Perhaps it was how he looked me in the eye, or maybe it was his charming smile; either way, he charmed me far more than on our first date way back when.

So you could say that it was a coincidence that we ran into each other all of those times, but I’d now call it a series of lucky occurrences. Even if he does not want to entertain another date (which I hope he does!), it was great to see him again and re-connect.

Now speaking of coincidences, I left Coincidence and then happened to be cruising by Bronc Rider so we had a couple of drinks. Then, Laser Beam saw us and stopped on the patio to chat. To be honest, this was slightly awkward. Just imagine two of your dates at the same table chatting with one another!

Nonetheless, I continued on my journey to get David Gray (fantastic musician) tickets. I was about to pay for a ticket when a lady just handed me an extra one that she had. I kid you not I had the Visa card in hand just about to give it to the clerk. Then, Bam! Just like that, I have a free ticket! Coincidence? Maybe. I then saw Easy and Butterflies at the show. Coincidence? Perhaps. Fate? Maybe. Birthday luck? I’d say so!

No comments:

Post a Comment