Saturday, May 29, 2010

Just Talk

Day: 48
Dates Remaining: 1

I met my date last night for drinks after work and we had a great time chatting. In fact, the conversation was absolutely non-stop so it would only be appropriate to call this date Talk. And did Talk ever like to talk. Good thing I enjoy talking as well or I may not have gotten a word in.

We talked about everything; goals, plans, Calgary, hobbies, passions, athletics, etc. The date actually went by so fast because we had a ton of stuff to talk about which was great. There is nothing worse than awkward silences and forced conversation, which definitely was not the case with Talk.

This is kind of ironic because we had so much to talk about last night but I don't have too much to talk about right here and now. I'm sure you don't want a replay of our chats so I'll just leave it at that. We had a nice time, we drank martinis and we talked.

But what I would like to talk about is the fact that it is the end of May and it's snowing. It's one in the afternoon and I still haven't gotten out of bed. It's actually quite fantastic and I think I needed this time to relax and stay warm but enough is enough. I'm going to get my lazy butt in gear and accomplish something today. I also have to digest the fact that there is only one date left.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around it and how fast this experience has gone by. It's wild. Out of control really. I'm also working on some ideas for this final date that I'm planning for Monday. It's quite fun to be on the other side of things and planning an outing; I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment