Sunday, May 23, 2010

It's Easy to Spend Time with Easy

">

Day: 43
Dates Remaining: 6

Wow, I don't know what to say. Yesterday's date managed to combine all of my favourite things in life into one date; brunch, mountain biking, a visit to the coffee shop, steak, a dinner party, good music, wine, and of course, copious amounts of chocolate.

You must be thinking, jeez, how long was this date? Well, it would be a lie if I said anything but fourteen hours. It's official, this was the longest second date of my life and it was completely unplanned and fun.

Easy (Read "It's Just That Easy") and I had talked about mountain biking but there were no concrete plans. Everything was up in the air including the weather. So when we woke up to a cold, cloudy day we decided that food was in order and a fantastic brunch did just the trick.

I could easily have sat around and drank coffee all day but we managed to get the show on the road and hit up some stellar mountain bike trails. There was something oddly romantic about getting muddy while flying around the bush on two wheels with a date. Definitely not your typical second date but fantastic nonetheless.

The trouble with loving fast moving bikes is that you also develop a passion for fast moving vehicles. In Easy's case, this was a slight detriment yesterday as it resulted in being pulled over and receiving a speeding ticket. Oops!

But obviously someone as easy-going as Easy did not let that get him down and we made our way back to the city. It turned out that Easy had a dinner party to attend last night and he asked me if I’d join him. Who could turn down delicious home-made food and good company? Certainly not me, so off we went to enjoy the evening.

Following the dinner full of good food and interesting conversations, Easy drove me home, putting an end to this extended and spur-of-the-moment second date marathon. It was a great day and being a fan of spontaneity, I had a blast. Our rip around on the bikes prompted me to make some plans to bike again today so I’m off with my friends to hit up the mountains!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, it's like a organic version of Bachelorette. Looks like you'll need to add this date to your poll.

    Trail Suggestion: My gf and I rode EKG at the Nordic Centre in Canmore last week. It's a really fun, technical trail. Where's the one from the nauseating video?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is EKG the Orange trail?? We were on Tom Snow...!

    ReplyDelete