Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Married?

Day: 44
Dates Remaining: 4

I had to be Human GPS again today. It was hilarious, my lunch date could not figure out how to get to my place to pick me up even though he had it programmed into his GPS. You have already heard about Directionally Challenged so we’ll call this one Married. This is not only because he is married to his GPS but also because he is married. Yes, he has a wife.

We can thank the folks at my favourite radio station for sending me this lovely married man. Together we had a nice time at lunch. Of course, this was after discovering that the place he had chosen was closed. And this was also after I had to direct us to the closed establishment in the first place. I wasn’t kidding when I called myself a Human GPS.

So, once we were finally settled in for lunch, we had a nice time. We had good conversation and he demonstrated that chivalry is not dead by opening doors and treating me to the meal. He made a point of this which was sweet, but again, he is married.

Would I ever date a married man? Absolutely not! This particular individual was sent to me and you can hear all about the date tomorrow on 96.9 Jack FM. It was a hoot and it was great to spend some time chatting with him about the trials and tribulations of dating.

What is also interesting is that there are a lot of people who will date someone who is married. In fact, this is so popular that there is even a website dedicated to matching married people up with others who are okay with such scandalous behaviour.

A few months ago, one of my friends told me about this website. In fact, he found out about it because once of his friends had suspected that her husband was cheating on her. She signed onto this website and there it was, a profile made by her loving husband of many years, in the “attached men seeking unattached women” section. Crushing.

To each their own but like I said to Married today, if I am going to date someone, they have to be completely unattached. There are no ifs, ands or buts about it. There aren’t many black and white matters in life but this is definitely one of them that I firmly stand by. It’s just that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment