Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's Just That Easy


Day: 33
Dates Remaining: 13

I rode my bike to Canmore today and couldn't be happier except for the fact that the hot sun prompted me to take off my long sleeved jersey and now I'm a scorched lobster. It's terrible! Aside from that, however, the week end got off to a fantastic start with some slack lining.

Have you ever heard of this? Well, if you are like me, then you probably haven't because before last night's date I certainly had no idea what it was. So, I attached a photo above as a visual aid. Essentially, you tie a rope between two trees and try to walk across it. Kind of like tight rope walking!

Now, I obviously did not set this up; it was my date, Easy, who took care of that production. I have to clarify that this charming man is not known as Easy because he is easy in any negative way. In fact, it's quite the opposite; he is easy to talk to, easy to get along with, easy to laugh with and overall, one of the most easy-going people I have met. To top it off, last night was easily one of the best dates yet.

Though we slack-lined for a bit, it was nearly impossible to take more than a couple of steps on the rope before falling into the grass. Apparently, I have absolutely no balance and I must have resembled a three-legged elephant trying to walk across that rope.

However, the highlight of the night was the picnic that Easy made. He is a fantastic chef and concocted a brilliant homemade meal which has become a foreign concept to me these days. It was so nice to chill out on the picnic blanket and talk for hours.

The only strange but comical part of the evening was when Easy received a text message from a friend who happens to know one of my previous dates. According to Easy, his friend said that she was spying on us with this previous date, who will remain unnamed here. I thought this was a little off but rather entertaining as well. We didn't see them roaming around with binoculars so who knows where they were watching us from or if they were even there. I'm not sure what to make of this?

Nonetheless, we ended the evening with a nice walk before going to meet some friends of mine at a bar. Easy went home and I had a great time catching up with my friends and throwing down some moves on the dance floor.

I had a brunch date today before heading to Canmore but I will be writing about that experience tomorrow!

1 comment: