Saturday, April 3, 2010

Keeping Track

Note to Readers: This blog is in reverse chronological order. To read the first entry, scroll all the way down and then make your way back up to this posting. Enjoy!

Days remaining until the 50 dates begin: 8
Dates lined up so far: 12

I went over to my friend’s house the other day and could not believe my eyes. She had put up a large poster-sized sheet of paper on the wall of her bedroom with the numbers 1 through 50 on it. Next to each number, there was enough room for each guy’s name. I was thrilled. Someone’s got to keep track, right?

I’m glad she’s on the ball with this because I am certainly LOST. I’m happy to say that I have about twelve dates lined up; however, I am sorry to say that I am completely confused.

With three of them being friends of friends, one from the bar the other night, about five from Plenty of Fish and three from Lavalife, I can hardly keep track. With some, we are messaging through the dating sites, while others have made it to personal e-mail. Three have moved their way up to texting and two have even called.

A couple of them have the same name. A few of them want to go biking. Others want to grab a coffee. One wants to take me flying in his airplane. Yes, you read that right. He wants to bring me to his hanger and fly away with me. I think I’ll opt for coffee before hopping on board with a total stranger. That would be the safe bet, don’t you say?

Either way, this project is starting to require a serious amount of organization and planning. Not that I hadn’t thought of this, I just hadn’t created a concrete plan.

I have now decided that in addition to the poster of names that is going up in my friend’s room, I will keep a spreadsheet recording each guy’s information and what we did on our date. I may even copy and paste a photo of the internet guys from their online profiles in order to further my organization.

I have to say that in the past I have used spreadsheets for school projects, personal budgets and nasty statistic classes that I dreaded in school. I really never thought that I would be relying on good old Excel to keep track of all the guys I’m dating. I guess there is a first for everything so look out dating spreadsheet, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Sky..My Name is Martin Brazeau..I have the utmost respect for you and your endeavour..Very refreshing..I have yet to meet someone like you in person..You surfaced in my life at a time when my trust in women is at an all-time low, and I am hoping that you can be the one who will help me change my opinion..I find women have an "all talk - no action" attitude..Completely unproductive..I have no trust left, but I always keep an open mind..Martin 403..889..7113..!!

    ReplyDelete