Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Bit of Truth about Blue Eyes

Day: 6
Dates Remaining: 42

3,892. Is that a lot? Or a little? I guess it's all about perspective. But I'm stoked to say that that's how many people have read the blog. To me, that's a lot.

Speaking of a lot, have you ever had a lot of feelings? Those stupid things that drive you nuts and won't disappear? They may go away for a while but then you see a person again and have those darn feelings all over? What on earth is with that!??! If only there was a magic eraser that would get rid of them as easily as the red erasers do to the lead pencils. Ah, if only.

So it's late. It's practically the middle of the night. I'm tired. I have had some wine and a day in the sun. Perhaps in the morning I will wonder why I was so honest in front of an audience of 3,892 people. But honesty is important and this blog isn't only about poisons, hunter gatherers and laser beams.

So I'm here to tell you about Blue Eyes.

About a year ago, a crew of friends were over and one girl said to me, "We have to go to the pub so you can meet Blue Eyes."

"Who on earth is Blue Eyes?" I asked.

She didn't know his name but insisted that I meet him since she was sure we would be great together. So off we went into the night to meet this mysterious Blue Eyes character. Well, as it turned out I had met him before and he had a lady friend at the time so that was the end of that.

However, over the following months, we ended up hanging out a lot. We got to know one another rather well and had many great days together out in the mountains. We were, and still are, great friends but that little weakness developed. That weakness I referred to as feelings. Yuk.

Whether or not Blue Eyes had any feelings, I'll never know.

Regardless, timing was all off anyway. First, he had had a lady and when that was over, I had a man. That didn't last either but what on earth is with timing? Unfortunately, timing plays a huge part in life and dictates whether situations could even work out at all.

There may have been a night on the town this past winter that included a few too many drinks and an edgy conversation about attraction. But it was all a blur.

Either way, nothing really panned out with Blue Eyes and I hadn't seen him very much over the past few months. That was, until the other day when I was chilling with Blue Eyes and a few friends and we decided we'd go skiing on the week end.

I was evidently stoked on skiing but said that I would need to find a date. As you can see, I am very committed to 50 Dates in 50 Days. My friends excitedly pointed to Blue Eyes and suggested that he be my date. He agreed. Wow, if this had happened a couple of months ago, I would have died. This would have been a dream come true! (Not that it was a bad thing now, but I just don't think that Blue Eyes is that into me).

In the end, there were three of us who wanted to go skiing. It was perfect, our friend joked that he would be the Chaperon. What a hoot.

Blue Eyes was lovely. He brought me a coffee in the morning. He opened car doors. He packed an extra granola bar in his jacket pocket for me. I nearly melted when he put his arm around me on the chair lift. The Chaperon joked about being unimpressed with this contact. We laughed.

The date was full of beautiful sunshine, live music, epic ski runs and a great time.

We had a nice drive back into the city from the mountains and when I got dropped off, Blue Eyes said to be ready for 8:30 as we were heading to a house party. However, this is when things went a bit astray.

Blue Eyes went home and made dinner, forgetting about me. I went over at around 8:30 to be greeted by him devouring what looked like a delicious steak. I knew there would be good food at this house party but it didn't look like we were getting going anytime soon. Nonetheless, it hurt. Who wants to be forgotten on a date? I guess the ski date was over anyway and this is why I figure that Blue Eyes isn't that into me. When someone cares, they make an effort. We had a nice time at the house party and that was that.

Anyway, the other day when we were planning the ski date at my friend's place, Blue Eyes had mentioned that we'd go on a ski date and then he'd plan something sweet for a second date in a few weeks. Will that second date happen? We'll just have to see. But for now, I am lying in bed. I am so tired. So tired that I can barely see straight and re-read what I wrote. I hope this made sense. But that was the truth about Blue Eyes. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment