Friday, April 23, 2010

Zzzzzzz and TBD

Day: 12
Dates Remaining: 35

I flopped onto the couch after work today to check some e-mails. Really, this isn’t the most difficult task but I just couldn’t do it. I could barely get the computer plugged in before I passed out. The phone rang, the doorbell buzzed and the text message alert went off endlessly. But I couldn’t wake up. I was done. A herd of wailing elephants couldn’t have awoken me from that slumber.

Why, you may ask, was I so tired? Well, let’s do a quick recap:

Days elapsed: 12
Dates gone on: 15
Times stood up: 2
Sleep lost: at least 30 hours

So today I took a day off dating. Good thing I did because a heavy duty bulldozer couldn’t have lifted me off that couch. Since I have had a few days where I had two dates in one day, I was able to take this time to myself without compromising the 50 Dates in 50 Days.

My friend Sarah is now driving me home from dinner and we are talking about the importance of this day off. Sarah had to drive today because I was incredibly scattered and out of sorts from being so tired that she didn’t trust me behind the wheel. What a mess!

Even though it’s been an exhausting two weeks, it’s been one of the most interesting experiences of my life. And I’m so happy that there are still 38 days remaining. It does sound like a lot but I have met so many fascinating people and have had some ludicrous experiences. I am nothing but thrilled to have the opportunity to share all of this with you on this blog.

I’m also excited for the next few dates that I have planned, particularly tomorrow’s outing. For now, we’ll have to call him TBD (to be determined). I’m sure after tomorrow I’ll have a great nickname for this charming, down-to-earth, fit and sexy man but for now, TBD will have to do.

I met TBD about a month ago on a bike ride. Since then, we have ridden and chatted regularly and had a great time doing so. But I’m nervous. We are friends. We get along so well. We joke around and laugh. Will going on a date change that? Will it be awkward? Does he have expectations? Do I?

I guess there is no sense in fussing, I’ll just have to see how it goes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment