Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Radio Star and The Final Speed Dating

Day: 10
Dates Remaining: 37

I went on what was by far the most original first date this morning. Not only did the date start at 7:15am which is a first for me, but we also had our date live on the radio thanks to AMP 90.3.

I arrived at the studio to meet my date, Radio Star, for the first time. I chose to invite this particular individual with me since he was the first person to e-mail me to request a date at my 50datesin50days@gmail.com account. I also chose him because his e-mail was rather witty and I thought he would be perfect for the radio.

And that he was. Though Radio Star came across as somewhat shy and reserved, he would come up with some fantastic comical comments that kept myself and the two hosts entertained.

Over the course of about an hour, the hosts asked us some pretty funny questions to try to make us uncomfortable such as: "Do you want to get married? Have you ever cheated on someone? Has someone ever cheated on you?" The whole thing was quite an experience and I never thought I would be able to say that I took a first date to a radio interview. It was hilarious!

When I first decided to go on 50 Dates in 50 Days, I wasn't sure how things would pan out so with input from friends, I decided to go speed dating twice. I signed up in advance for last Friday and today and didn't think too much of it.

As it turns out, the date requests are flowing faster than I had imagined and I didn't really need to go speed dating tonight to recruit more dates. Even though I was completely exhausted, I went anyway since I had committed and paid for the event. It took some serious motivation though because I did not have the energy to talk to a ton of different guys about what I do, where I'm from and my what favourite colour is. Yes, someone did ask me that.

Worse, there was a guy who snorted, one who stared straight at my chest for five minutes straight, one devout Catholic who only preached about his faith in a southern drawl and another who said he had a phobia of skiing. I didn't realize that two planks of wood could cause such distress in one's life.

There was, however, one brilliantly cute, nicely dressed man who caught my eye. Not only does he do all of the same activities that I do, but he has a sexy Australian accent. Let's be honest, there is something about those accents. Hopefully, the organizers will send out the matches soon so I can find out if I'll be able to see Sexy Australian again.

So that marks another day of dating antics and interesting adventures. I had originally thought that speed dating should count as two dates which it did last time, but since this evening was pretty lame, I figure it would only be fair to count it as one. Now after Radio Star and Speed Dating, I'm down to 37 dates remaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment