Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Laser Beam

Day: 3
Dates Remaining: 47

Before I dive into the story, I'm happy to tell you that I had a radio interview today that will be played periodically throughout the day this Friday on Calgary's AM660. Another radio station has also contacted me for an interview so I'll keep you posted on that as I find out more details.

Now, onto what you really want to hear about! Today was my first date from internet dating. I'm not going to lie, I was skeptical at first. My date was extremely keen to take me to Laser Quest and I wasn't sure what to make of this suggestion.

At the start, my date, let's call him Laser Beam, seemed a little off. In fact, I'd say he was rather awkward. His sense of humour was bold and when he told me that he was driving his parents car and still living at home, I began to question the situation.

However, we had a good chat over a quick drink before gearing up and hitting the dark, laser-filled maze. We ended up on opposite teams so instead of spending our first date together, we spent time running away from one another. Interesting concept.

I have to say that spending an hour running away from screaming ten year old children was quite comical. With laser beams flying at me and two particular little blond kids chasing me incessantly, I had to stop in a corner for a moment to catch my breath. I looked around at the dark, spray painted walls and wondered what on earth I had gotten myself into.

The game ended and I found my date. Laser Beam led me out to the main area where his skills as a Laser Quest superstar were evident as he landed himself in first place.

I then asked him about the Laser eye surgery that he is going to be getting tomorrow. He then grabbed my hand and instructed me to follow him. He led me to the kids' party room and began talking about what they are going to do to his eyes.

He told me to look into his eyes so he could tell me about the procedure. I did just that and suddenly, he pulled me in for a kiss. Now, not only had I been chased around by ten year olds, but we were now having a kiss in the party room surrounded by leftover pizza and pop cups. Was this ever turning into a strange experience!

Due to the Laser Eye surgery, we had to call it a night pretty early but we had a great chat in the car. This may sound crazy, but Laser Beam was turning out to be really charming and sweet. He must have had a great time since he said, "I had way more fun with you than I had anticipated and it would be nice if you could join me on Tuesday to a company party downtown."

Who can turn down a company party with the cutest Laser tag superstar this city knows? Definitely not I, so I will be seeing the Laser Beam in his fancy suit on Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I totaly had to laugh when I read about this date- way back when one of my internet dates took me there for our first date as well...and we were not on the same team either that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totaly had to laugh when I read about this date- way back when one of my internet dates took me there for our first date as well...and we were not on the same team either that time.

    ReplyDelete