Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Stylish

Day: 16
Dates Remaining: 31

A good friend of mine and I were chatting today about forgiveness. Oh, what a topic. Why is it that it can be so difficult to forgive someone? Even worse, why is it so hard to forget? Do people deserve a second chance?

I pose such questions because last night, in the middle of writing my posting, Speed Racer called. I didn't make it to the phone but he had left a message that I checked this morning. It was a nice voice mail where he admitted to forgetting to thank me for dinner last night. He proceeded to thank me and tell me what a wonderful time he had had. Yes, it was a nice gesture and I forgive him for not thanking me, but I still feel that the bill shuffle was awkward. In fact, my Mother, who is traditional in her ways, thinks I should e-mail him a bill. Though I love my Mom's comical suggestions, I will be doing no such thing.

Anyway, my date this evening was great. I finally met up with someone from my first speed dating evening that I attended about a week and a half ago. This man has many great qualities but one that stands out the most is his good sense of style. So, we will call him Stylish.

Stylish was by far the best dressed guy at speed dating and I have to say, the most comical one there. He is the only person that I met that night who did not ask me what I do, where I'm from and what I like to do for fun. Instead, we had engaged one another in a ridiculously humourous conversation that led to explosive laughter and a great connection.

It was nice to see him today because I got to get a bit of the guy's perspective on speed dating. According to Stylish, the girls there were wholesome and sweet but rather ordinary. He said that the speed dating experience was good but not something he would do again. Whether it was true or not, he said that he had had the most fun talking to me and was glad that we were able to re-connect. That was sweet.

Anyway, we had a fantastic time chatting tonight and it was great to be able to have a conversation for more than the seven minutes they allocate to each "speed date." Even better than that was when Stylish insisted that we meet again next week for dinner. He specifically said that he would love to take me somewhere nice and get all dressed up. I love getting fancied up so I'm really looking forward to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment