Saturday, April 10, 2010

Breakfast Television and a French Stalker

I am thrilled to report that I will be on Calgary's Edition of Breakfast Television on Monday, April 12 at 8am to discuss the 50 Dates in 50 Days. Do tune in!

Also, the 50 days begin on Monday and I am excited, nervous and unsure of what will come of this but either way, I am stoked with the progress thus far. Not only have I encountered some true weirdos before the 50 day time frame, but the reviews from readers have been nothing but fantastic. Thank you.

As for the dates, I have had people ask me if they can "apply" to be a date. Apply? I wasn't sure what to make of this. Of course, it was a lovely compliment but I responded that they simply have to ask me out! I found this rather entertaining.

Speaking of entertainment factor, you may have seen that there are two comments on the previous post. I can't figure out how to delete them so I left them there even though they make no sense to me.

What I can tell you, however, is that the individual who posted these is a cyclist that I met on the side of the highway when I was riding across Canada two years ago. He followed the progress of my ride and kept in touch as we were both on similar journeys.

But when he started professing his love for me and booking trips to come see me, I got a little freaked out and told him not to come to Calgary and stopped talking to him. I kid you not, since then he has endlessly told me he loves me, called me and e-mailed me incessantly and now suggested that he come to Calgary to take me for a date as one of the 50. I don't even know how he found this Blog.

Yes, it's a funny story. Yes, it's good material. But you see, it's too much. It's too crazy. We have only ever met for 20 minutes on our bikes two years ago! How does he think that I would want him to pay for a trip for me to New Zealand or move to France and mother his children, or build a house with him in the Alps? Yes, these are all things he suggested.

So, there will be no date with this man for me even though he claims that we are meant to be together forever and that we will live happily in harmony in a French mountain paradise. Instead, I will find my 50 dates a little closer to home. At least, somewhere on this continent.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your tv interview. Be careful with your dates. Always let someone know who and where you are meeting "The Date".

    ReplyDelete