Monday, April 12, 2010

Phew, Day One.

Day: One
Dates Remaining: 49

Good Evening. The link to the Breakfast TV interview is: http://site.btcalgary.ca/video/?bcpid=5173168001&bclid=5184558001&bctid=77556615001.

So you may be asking yourself why there are 49 dates remaining if I was supposed to go on two today. Well folks, thanks to modern technology (cellular devices), I received a text message an hour before my after work coffee date saying that my date had to cancel the plans.

Now we all know that life is busy and things change but really, is it that hard to have the courtesy to at least pick up the phone and call to cancel? What if I hadn't gotten the text message? What if I had left my phone in the car? Or worse, at home? Then I would have showed up and would have had no one to meet! I'm really not too chocked about it because this is perfect example of the flaky attitude towards plans and dating.

However, as I mentioned before, I also had a dinner date planned for tonight. This young man will be known as Beautiful Shaggy Hair because he has the most wonderful and curly long hair. He is a friend of a very good friend of mine who I had met once before at a social event where he proposed that we go on a date. Instead of heading out for dinner, he suggested that he cook for me and I was thrilled about this idea.

The date got off to a good start as he brought some tasty food and a bottle of wine. We had good conversation over dinner and then went to chill in the living room.

Beautiful Shaggy Hair was over on the other side of the room putting on some music when my cell phone went off because I had received a text message. He picked it up to bring it to me and somehow thought it would be a great idea to read the message that I had just received.

Normally this wouldn't have mattered but the message happened to be from my date for tomorrow night regarding our specific plans. And not only was my current date reading about my next date, but my next date happened to be Beautiful Shaggy Hair's colleague! Oh my, what have I gotten myself into!?

If Beautiful Shaggy Hair was a jealous type this would have been a moment where I would have needed a bulldozer to dig a hole in my floor and dive right in but luckily, we were able to laugh it off. This was probably due to the fact that Beautiful Shaggy Hair knows about the 50 Dates in 50 Days and he was keen to be date number one. The rest of the evening went very well as we chilled, chatted and listened to good tunes.

But I have definitely learned that from now on I will have to be careful when a good friend sets me up with two of her friends who both work together!

1 comment: