Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Who Wants to Meet a Millionaire?

Days remaining until 50 days begins: 4
Dates lined up: 12

I was checking my inbox on Plenty of Fish the other day when an advertisement link for another dating website caught my eye. I followed the link and was directed to a site geared towards meeting millionaires.

I would like to clarify that I am by no means a gold digger and this isn’t something I would normally sign up for. However, in the interest of dating a wide variety of men for the 50 days, this seemed like a good idea.

I filled out my profile and submitted a photo. This all had to be approved before I could officially be a member of the site. I was relieved that the selection board found me attractive enough to participate. What a kick in the pants it would have been to get a rejection!

A day later, I got an e-mail from a thirty-something millionaire requesting a dinner date. We exchanged numbers to schedule the date and he then text messaged me this morning to suggest tonight or Friday night.

Since the 50 days doesn’t begin until Monday, I proposed a time next week. He then told me that he was leaving on Monday for NY and said: “If tomorrow at 7 does not work, then let’s meet when I come back.”

This was all going on during a rather busy work day and I did not have a chance to reply immediately. I figured that a reasonable human being would understand that one can’t always reply on a dime, but this special individual seemed to think that I was ignoring him and an hour later messaged: “I guess you’re not interested, haha, good luck.”

I was rather turned off by the situation at this point and just left it at that. I figured I wouldn’t be hearing from him again and that was just fine with me.

However, in the middle of the afternoon, I was surprised when I picked up the phone to hear that it was him on the other end. We had a bad connection which caused a bit of a delay but we managed to discuss that the dinner wouldn’t work out this week and that we would have to meet upon his return from NY in a month.

I hung up and was floored when ten seconds later I received this message: “Please don’t call me. There is no chemistry between us. Find another millionaire. Thank God I called.”

Wow, I was also glad he called because this made me realize that I’d rather shoot myself in the foot than have to endure a dinner with such a nut. And this is only the beginning.

2 comments: