Thursday, April 15, 2010

There is a Beautiful, Charming, Tumbling Farmer in This City

Day: 4
Dates Remaining: 46

First off, big news. I can't even believe it. Today, 1,000 people checked out this blog, 50 Dates in 50 Days. That's 100 with an extra zero on it. Wow. I'm floored. I'm shocked. I'm sitting here in a state of glorious disbelief. Up until now, the record day was 400. Thank you all for supporting this initiative and thank you Breakfast TV, JackFM and AM660 for reporting it.

Now, onto my date tonight who I met from Plenty of Fish (internet dating).

Look out. He's cute. He's chivalrous. He's attentive. He can maintain eye contact. This lovely man is, as I said, a beautiful, charming, tumbling farmer.

What, you may be asking yourself, is a tumbling farmer? Well it's someone who grew up on a prairie grain farm, calls himself a red neck but had an eleven year long career as a tumbler. Yes, a gymnast. I found this all so fascinating.

On top of that, he likes to hunt. Unlike Hunter Gatherer (see 'Hunter Gatherer' post), this man actually hunts. You name it; bears, elk, deer, whatever he can get his hands on. Literally.

And, he rides one of those speedy mcspeedster motorcycles. Hot.

Now, going back to the beginning of this night, I was sure he was going to think I was completely crazy. This is because I was totally late since I was out bike riding after work. I ran out of time so I showed up half in bike clothes and half in work clothes. I had left my nice shoes at my friend's place so I was in bike shoes. Shoes caked with mud that I was trying to cover up with my work pants. I didn't have time to shower and to top it off, my riding buddy was still with me as she rode me to the coffee shop. It was a gong show.

Instead of wondering what on earth was going on and why he now had two girls on his hands instead of one, he introduced himself to both of us, shook my friend's hand and asked her about where she was headed since she mentioned she was off to work. It was not awkward and he later said that the fact that I showed up in a state similar to that of a derailed train was great because it showed that I was genuine. I could have melted.

I had a lovely time drinking coffee with this interesting farm boy. The evening had all the elements of a good date. He even opened the car door for me to drive me home. He didn't do anything weird nor did he say anything stupid. And, at the end of the night, he requested a second date which I will happily go on in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment