Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Laser Beam Strikes Again

Day: 9
Dates Remaining: 39

It's official. There will be no shortage of dates for the 50 Dates in 50 Days. In fact, there is already a surplus. Is there a lady who wants to step up to the plate and continue the experience? I have e-mails left, right and center from guys who want to go on dates. It's unreal.

So tonight was the second date with Laser Beam. Was there a time in history where a guy would ask a girl to a fancy party and ensure that she gets there comfortably and safely? For example, would he think of telling her to take a cab and foot the bill or perhaps go pick her up?

I don't know, maybe this is traditional, but to me it seems like a chivalrous or perhaps simply courteous thing to do.

Laser Beam warned me that I would need to wear a cocktail dress and get all dressed up for this event. I was keen as ever to do so but when he suggested that I hop on the C-Train in such attire, I was slightly disappointed. I thought he might have made alternate arrangements?

However, he did not so I decided to ride my ancient cruiser bike downtown and park it then get changed down there. I met a good friend and it was quite a hoot in the bathroom as I got dolled up for this event. I then made my way to Laser Beam's building to meet him and head to the party together.

This company event complete with endless wine, great people and good times was fantastic. The good evening made up for the fact that Laser Beam thought I should C-Train down in my cocktail dress and stilettos.

The funniest part of the night was that Laser Beam had to wear sunglasses since he just had laser eye surgery last week. Who wears their sunglasses at night? Laser Beam sure does!

Nonetheless, nothing out of the ordinary or particularly strange happened. Overall, it was a great night and I had a blast with Laser Beam and other people at the event.

However, what was strange today was one of the messages that I received on Plenty of Fish. There are many bizarre characters on this site but one stood out as being particularly off. His message entitled "I'll Keep it a Secret" read as follows:

"To start, you have a stunning look and smile. So I am reading your profile.. so rocking, but I also have this feeling you have an interest that jives with a like of mine... call it an ability to read the right people.... but am I right in thinking you are not only submissive behind close doors, but love to give orally when the opportunity arises. Let me know if I am right or way off and keep it real."

What the heck? Who writes nonsense like that? I can't even believe someone would just type that to some random person on the internet. Needless to say, I did not respond nor do I have any intention to. I just wanted to share with you some of the unbelievable trash that I have been filtering through over the course of this experience. It's unreal.

Well, tomorrow night is the second and last speed dating night of this project. As I mentioned before, a night of speed dating counts as two dates and I'm stoked about that since I have a bike race this week end for which I need a day off. Also, a rest day will probably help me to maintain at least an ounce of mental sanity.

But, most exciting of all is that tomorrow morning, at 7:30am (in less than 6 hours, ah, I need sleep!) I have a date at AMP 90.3. They will be airing parts of the date and hosting it at their studio. Tune in if you get a chance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment