Saturday, October 2, 2010

Date 1 - Hot Shot


Our lucky bachelor had a great first date with Bachelorette #4 (read previous blogs for a description of her). It sounds like a brilliant evening to me. In fact, I would be surprised if this doesn't make you a little jealous. So, without further adieu, in his words, this is how it all went:

To begin, I must say that this date didn’t go as planned and my date's cleverness earned her the nickname Hot Shot. The original plan to pick her up and then head out for dinner changed over the course of the evening but that definitely spiced up the night.

I arrived and she buzzed me up to one of nicest condos I have ever seen. It was obvious that Hot Shot was very well off as a Lawyer; her shoe collection at the front door was likely worth more than everything I owned. I’m not rich myself but I’m used to making more money than people I have dated in the past, not that it matters but it was different for me.

She was running a bit behind so she invited me in and showed me to her bar where I was to pour myself a drink. I looked around to see that the space was immaculate and absolutely everything was in its place. I could tell she was very organized and structured as a woman. I also drew the conclusion that she is probably very used to getting her way, especially with men. However, what I enjoyed the most was her appreciation for art. As that is my passion in life, it would be a deal breaker if my date was not at all interested in art.

We talked for a bit while I finished my drink, and she mentioned where we were going for dinner. She then quickly mentioned that she was paying for it, so I shouldn’t worry. I got the impression that she placed a lot of value on money, and assumed this would impress me. Money is important, sure, but not when it comes to finding someone special. Feeling saucy, I bet her that we could go out and I could show her a good time while only spending a total of $20. The bet was for who would pay for the next date and she took me up on the offer.

Now, in this moment I had no plan and was actually having trouble thinking of where we could enjoy a meal for under $20. However, I enjoy challenges so it was on. I couldn’t help but laugh at myself as I went from having a gorgeous woman offering to pay for dinner to trying to figure out how the hell I was going to pull this off...

My racing mind was diverted as we drove past piles of leaves on people's lawns. When I was a kid, I loved making huge leaf piles and jumping in them. Now, being older and having more powerful toys, driving through a giant leaf pile seemed like a blast as well. I pulled over, turned off the car and hopped out. I saw a rake, so I started collecting leaves. Hot shot got out of the car and asked what I was doing. I explained what I wanted to do and she excitedly joined me in making a massive pile of leaves on the road. We took turns directing traffic around our pile, yelling "CAR" if anyone else drove by. We hopped back in the car, bucked up and reversed down the road to get a good run at it. We blazed through the leaves, exploding into laughter while we did.

I then had to get my thinking cap on and come up with an idea for dinner. So I mentioned I knew this great little Italian place and we’d go there for food. Dinner cost $14.83 to be exact. With about $5 left, I figured we needed some munchies, so we headed to 7-11 where I gave Hot Shot $5.17 and told her to spend wisely. She did well and we were left with only a few nickels and dimes.

Now stocked with chips and a drink I drove us to a parking lot with a great view of downtown. I could sense her hesitation as she asked what we were doing. She was probably thinking that I was about to put moves on her which wasn’t the case. I told her that it was dinner and movie, a typical first date…

I pulled out my laptop, grabbed a blanket and we moved in the back seat to watch Date Night. We had a great chat after the movie before I drove her home. We said goodnight, she opened the car door partly but then turned back, leaned in and kissed me. She then pulled away ever so slightly, and then mentioned that I had lost the bet..."You forgot to factor in the price of gasoline." She smiled ear to ear, touched my lip with her finger and got out of the car. I guess Hot Shot wins this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment