Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Well Needed Holiday.


Why is it that we want what we can't have? Why is the grass always greener on the other side? I don't know if I will ever understand this phenomenon but I have to say, it's true.

My friend said today, "In any situation, when you start to pull away, the other person wants you more." That comment got me thinking. When someone is really into me, it can be too easy. It can take away the thrill of the chase and for whatever silly reason, the chase is fun. Who doesn't like a little challenge?

When someone is kind of showing signs of interest and then not and then back on, somewhat like flipping a steak, I get all up in arms and want them more. It's so stupid and if I was smart in this department, I would just know when to walk away. However, that is simply easier said than done.

But is it really worth investing energy into something that you can't have? Or someone that just doesn't want you back? It sounds crazy but it's human nature; at least, for me it is.

This takes me back to the topic of hard to get. I guess hard to get must work. Really, if I always want what I can't have, I answered my own question. I shouldn't be so eager and available.

So on that note, I'm not going to be available for a while because I'm off on a week long solo bike trip to various destinations in BC. I can't wait to rip around on the bike, sit on a beach, work on writing the book, sip martinis and hopefully, relax.

4 comments:

  1. Hot/cold relationships are unhealthy. The best relationship is one where you respect and admire each other, have lots in common and share a passion.
    The desire for something you can't have really means that you are probably ignoring the fellas who are better matches for you because you don't feel that "instant passion" which is really just infatuation that flashes and burns.
    The stable, healthy relationship is the long haul and maybe you just aren't ready for that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hé bien, j'espère qu'il fera beau dans les Rockies! Est-ce qu'il y a des endroits que tu conseilles en vélo de route? Attention au genou et de pas tomber!
    Alors l'herbe plus verte chez le voisin...
    Bonne route

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Monica. The ideal isn't to create that flash fire type of connection where everything is burnt in sight in a short period of time, rather a white hot seering coal where it's fuel source isn't extinquished quickly rather it burns hot with passion for ages to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when people explain that with "the one", they'd both know they're right for each other, and it would just fit, while on the other hand saying that they like the thrill of the chase, and don't want it to be that easy. Ridiculous. Doesn't it make more sense to go in hoping for things to fit, but having a part of your brain holding back for a little objectivity, while being damn glad when it does work out?

    ReplyDelete