Friday, June 4, 2010

Romance

What is romance? Is it flowers and chocolates? Is it long walks on the beach? Is it a passionate kiss? Or is it simply the warm fuzzy feeling that someone gives you when you are together?

Regardless, it seems that most of us are seeking some kind of romance in our lives. Why might this be? Well, I think that we are just programmed this way. To me, it's just that simple.

Either way, I got home this evening and unloaded some things out of my van. Somehow, on a daily basis, my vehicle always manages to look like a tornado blew through it. I shuffled around my stuff trying to fit everything into my two hands and then headed towards the door of my building. From a distance, I saw that there was a stuffed animal type flower sticking out of the wall in the doorway.

I thought that this was interesting since it was the same type of flower that one of my dates, Mystery, gave me on our first date about a month ago. He had arrived to pick me up with the same type of flower and had said, "I brought you this flower because it will never die." I thought that was sweet and I still have the cute flower with a wire stem and smiley face sitting on my couch.

So tonight, with my hands overloaded with stuff, I walked towards my building and saw that this similar flower had a note attached to it. I was shocked when I saw that the note had my name on it. Perplexed and excited, I took the items and hauled all the stuff upstairs, thrilled to open and read my mysterious message.

The nearly blank piece of paper read, "Have a great week end beautiful." (signed, my date, Mystery). Cute? Yes. Romantic? Indeed. A surprise? Without a doubt. The first time anything like this has ever happened? Absolutely.

So, again, what is romance? Everyone has their own definition of it but I'd say that this thoughtful and sweet action was definitely romantic to me. Would you agree?

2 comments:

  1. In my book I would say that is Very Romantic.

    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet gesture. I think romance is any time that someone goes out of their way to do something sweet for someone they care about. It could be anything really.

    ReplyDelete