Friday, March 26, 2010

Parameters

First off, I would like to thank all of you who have begun following this blog. It is surely going to get even funnier and more out there when the 50 days begins.

Evidently, I have been posed boat loads of questions about this experience. Who? What? When? How? And occasionally I get asked: Have you gone completely crazy? Well, I sure hope I haven’t.

Either way, it is only after much reflection that I have been able to come up with the following parameters:

1. 50 dates in 50 days
2. It does not have to be one date per day. For example, there could be three in one day and then none the next day. It just has to add up to 50 dates in 50 days.
3. I will go on a maximum of two dates per person. At first I thought it would be only one per person; however, in the past, second dates have had the potential to be even more interesting than the first.
4. These dates will stem from all realms of life: blind dates, friends of friends, people from the bar, internet dating, speed dating, singles socials, etc.
5. Even though an event such as speed dating may have me go on twenty 5 minute dates in one night, it only counts as two dates.

Then there are the big questions: What if you fall for someone? How do you cut him off after two dates? What if he is “The One?”

I’m not sure if I could fall for someone after a date or two but I never say never. However, I am committed to this project and if a serious connection develops, that person will hopefully understand that the life of a writer isn’t always easy and that I have to finish what I started. If he cannot understand this, then how could he be “The One?”

I also want to clarify that the purpose of this is not to meet my future husband. If that happens, fantastic, but that is not the ultimate goal here. Also, I am not doing this to get out there and lead a scandalous life. That is not me and never will be.

As previously mentioned, I am eager to provide you, the reader, with some leg slapping entertainment. It is also a good way to create a platform for my writing in hopes of getting my book published in the near future.

I hope that this entry has answered your questions and made you more eager for the 50 days to start on April 12. Until then, I will update you on the intricacies of lining up all of these dates which, to be honest, has already begun!

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to hearing about your process for obtaining dates! This blog has already provided me with much needed entertainment in my stressful life.

    ReplyDelete