Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Good evening everyone, meet Poison

Before I dive into more details about the 50 Dates in 50 days, I want to share a story with you about the recent ex boyfriend that will enable you to better understand why it was a very destructive relationship. In fact, being with him felt like there was a lethal substance flowing through my veins and sucking the life right out of me. Therefore, from now on, this ex boyfriend will be known as Poison.

As I mentioned in my previous blog entry, Poison is very much wrapped up in himself which is why when he phoned me yesterday, all he did was go on and on about his recent adventures. I have to say that having him call was just about as painful as a root canal but I was still somewhat intrigued about why he had called.

I half listened to him ramble on and then proceed to ask him a simple question: “Hey, where did I go to university?” Sounding quite stumped, he hesitantly responded, “Some special school in some small town in Ontario.”

Wow, what an answer. A lamp post could have come up with a more intelligent response. I can’t believe he didn’t even know this about me since I had told him quite a few stories about my university years. Nonetheless, I can’t say that I was too surprised. I followed his response with, “Well, which one? And where?” He then answered, “I don’t know Ontario’s geography. You went somewhere and I’m not sure the town name. I don’t see why this is important anyway.”

Maybe I’m crazy but shouldn’t a person who claims to be madly in love with you know a thing or two about you and retain information that you told them? This could be a minor detail but it just shows how much he really knows about me: Nothing!

Poison really did not want to accept that the relationship that ended months ago is still over for me so when we were getting off the phone he said, “I’m going to get going now but just know that I’m coming back this summer and I’m going to get you back.” Right, I thought to myself as I hung up.

And by the way, my “special school in some small town” was York University in Toronto. Enough said.

Speaking to Poison made me even more excited to get going with the 50 dates in 50 days. It seems inevitable that I’m going to meet many more interesting characters such as Poison who I can’t wait to tell you all about.

Now, I have had many questions about the details of the 50 dates in 50 days: How is it going to work? How are you going to meet these people? How are you going to have time? I have been doing a lot of thinking about the structure and rules for this experience. I’m still working on the finer details right now and I plan on posting them here over the next couple of days so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment